10 Things That Make A Good Research Paper – A Guide For Dummies
Motive of writing the paper
Writing the research paper is a very important task. One needs to understand the purpose of writing the paper. The main motive of writing the research paper is to communicate to the world about the new finding and inform the people all over the world about its utility and how does it benefit the people. It may seem to one that writing a paper can be a scary and a difficult process, but with simple guidelines and methodical approach it can be made easy and simple.
The Essential things to be kept in mind
- 1. The first and most important thing is selection of the subject. Selecting an interesting subject for the research work may make the work easier. At the same point of time, avoiding controversial or too much technical subject is not ideal for a paper.
- 2. The topic is the second most important thing and is the base of the research paper. The topic chosen should be relevant to the subject and should be such that one can get a reasonable amount of literary references on the same. It is easy to narrow down the topic when one already has some idea about the topic.
- 3. The next is the objective of the research which needs to be clearly mentioned. The objective should be such that the paper would aim to prove the validity of the statement and also keeps a control on the paper.
- 4. One most important thing one should look into is that the research should have statements rather than writing fragmented sentences. One should keep in mind that he should write statements rather than putting questions.
- 5. Another thing worth mentioning is that phrases like “I think” should be avoided. One should be firm while mentioning his findings.
- 6. One should be very careful about the language used in the paper. It should be very clear and coherent language which can clearly express the idea.
- 7. Making of a good bibliography is one of the most important tasks. Books and articles relevant to the topic should be identified while brainstorming for the topic.
- 8. After making good bibliography, preparing an outline is very important. This is the guideline or the skeleton which gives an idea how the work will proceed.
- 9. Preparing a draft copy of the paper is the next important thing. This can be revised and altered to make the final copy and finally, editing the draft is the end task. One who follows all the above mentioned essentials will be able to write a paper easily and with little effort.
- 10. For the niche, it is paramount to make sure that the data is updated right to the date of publishing.